Forum

• Is there anyone (i.e. training company) working on conducting a CWAP class?

If so, when and where might they be run?

I realize the book isn't out yet - just trying to make plans.

• By (Deleted User)

I don't think anything is officially scheduled yet, but we're glad to know it's of interest. Stay tuned for more info...

• By (Deleted User)

I'd be interested for fiscal year 2011 in CWAP and CWDP please.

Darby

• I would also be interested in CWAP classes. Please update.

• By (Deleted User)

The #cwapbeta class is next week. That class will help us finalize the new CWAP courseware. Once that's done, there will be regular CWAP classes.

• OK. What's next?

How long will they be, and is there a projected cost?

Thanks,

Wlanman

• Wlanman, do you think that the CWAP study guide is not enough to exam preparation?

• By (Deleted User)

Should see some CWAP classes after the official course materials are complete later this summer. simplewireless.ru, the CWAP study guide plus many hours of analyzers (spec and packet) may be sufficient for many, but there is no substitute for attending the official class with a knowledgeable instructor beating the protocol, standard, and frame into your head.

Factoid: 70% of CWNP exam candidates self study.

• Simplewireless,

[b]I have never found the study guide to be enough ![/b]

You MUST study to the Exam Objectives, not to what is just in the book.

The exams help of course, but a lot of that is figuring out the mindset of the test writers.

Manufacturers web sites, other books, trial programs - they all help.

When I passed my CWNA I swear I had almost every book available at the time. For the CWSP I also had "Real 802.11 Security" by Edney and Arbaugh , and [u]never[/u] would have passed it if I hadn't also bought "Implementing 802.1x Security Solutions" by Jim Geier.

There is just too much to learn. I think both the CWAP and CWDP books are fantastic, but there is so much to know, one book wouldn't hold it all.

Study to the objectives !

Page 1 of 1