Forum

• When will a new practice test pool be added for the CWAP? CWDP has two, but CWAP only has one.

I'm not ready to take the exam yet, but I want to have as much practice under my belt as possible when I do.

Thanks.

• That's a good question. I was wondering the same.

• By (Deleted User)

Actually, CWDP only has 1 pool as well. The second one, Pool B, still contains a not-so-humorous joke as well as a nice "Easter Egg".

Working on it!

• Yeah I take the CWDP pool 2 test every so ofter to see if questions are added. lol

• I'm somewhat concerned about the real tests. I'm sitting my CWAP tomorrow, and have been doing the flash tests that came with the book.
    Some of the questions on these flash tests have the wrong answer (in my opinion) when you press the 'show answer' button.
    An example is as follows:

When a unicast frame is transmitted, which of the following will cause the frame to have to be retransmitted? (Choose all that apply.)

A The receiving station detects a collision, forcing it to send a retransmit request.
    B The receiving station detects a collision, forcing it to not send an AC
    C The CRC of the unicast frame is corrupted, forcing the receiving station to send a retransmit request.
    D The CRC of the unicast frame is corrupted, forcing the receiving station to not send an AC

Explanation:
    If any portion of a unicast frame is corrupted, the cyclic redundancy check (CRC) will fail, and the receiving 802.11 radio will not send an ACK frame to the transmitting 802.11 radio. If the unicast frame is not received, there would be no reason to send an ACK.

I chose D and E, but the thing says B, D and E. We all know that positive detection of collisions can't be done, so I'm pretty sure I'm right.

I'm just curious if the real tests that we pay for have better quality control.

• Considering that we are told repeatedly, time and time again, that Wi-Fi cannot "detect" collisions, I would say that any answer that says "detects a collision" cannot be true.

By that definition only answer D could possibly be correct. We know that C is false, and you didn't list an answer for E.

• PS: To my previous response - You did pay for this test, as part of the package.

• Yeah, that's what I suspected.
    Also, I just missed something in my copy/paste. The point about the 'detection' of collisions still stands, as you correctly said, can't be detected. B shouldn't be an option.

Page 1 of 1