Forum

• By (Deleted User)

All,

I have scheduled my exam for this coming Friday, I went to the first CWAP beta class in Atlanta, below I have listed what I have used to revise, this has been picked up from being on the course - and this forum.

-I have been through the Coursebook and my notes many times.

-I have been through the labs (at the back of coursebook) and learnt as much as possible about the programs used in the course.

-Read through the following books
    1-Wireless Lans-Implementing Interoperable Networks (J.Grier)
    2-Wireless Networking Handbook (J.Grier)
    3-A field guide to wireless lans for Administrator and Power Users (T.Maufer)
    4-802.11 Wireless LAN Fundamentals (Proshan & Jonathan Leary)
    5-CWNA & CWSP revision notes I had from previous exams
    6-Ordered the IEEE 802.11 Handbook - (been delayed, so will not arrive until after the exam - If I fail will read this, if I pass - will cancel it and wait for the ebook from CWNE to keep as reference)

-Taken the Online Test for the CWAP exam, scored 50% on first try (read through weak areas again), 75% on second - Hopefully when I take it on Thursday night will get 100%

I have taken D.Colemans post (http://www.cwne.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=128), and I am in the process of memorising what he did, including MPDU, the PPDU and the ToDs/FromDs/Four Addresses chart, and Management frames (Fixed Fields & Info Elements) Matrtix.

Has anybody else got any other info that I may have missed that could possibly help to gain this certification.

I wil let you know how I get on, hopefullly with any luck my next post will contain some excellent news.

Cheers,

Ranj.

• Felt confident - Rescheduled exam to today - FAILED - got 58%. Damn!

I need to go through all objectives again, and understand them better - I wil do more research into each (how they are all related and what effects certain scenarios have on them).

It was v.hard, but I will try again and again until I pass.

Ranj.

• Keep your chin up. Study a lttle bit harder this time and you will pass.
    Good Luck!!!

• By (Deleted User)

Thanks Badger - have you tried this exam yet?

Ranj.

• By (Deleted User)

No, I have not taken the exam yet. I have just started to study for the exam. Sounds like the exam is pretty interesting.

Cheers!!!

• By (Deleted User)

Hey Ranj, David here. I was next to you in CWAP class. Sorry to hear about the test, but I have no doubt you will make it soon. Let us know how it goes. I have not attempted it yet.

• Hey Dave,

Do you know if anyone else off the same course has attempted this exam and passed?

I have scheduled the second attempt for this coming Friday, will let you know how I get on.

Ranj

• By (Deleted User)

Haven't heard about any of the others. Glad to hear you are going right back to take it again. I just haven't had the time to study enough for it, but I will give it a go eventually

• Took it again today, Failed - got 68%

I am out of ideas on what I should be doing next.........

Help.............

• RanjUK, you improved your score by 10 points in a weeks time and missed passing by 2 points. Re-schedual to take the exam again in 2 weeks and double your study efforts. Do not let yourself get to discouraged. Letting yourself get down does you no good.

Page 1 of 2