Forum

• I would appreciate some feedback regarding CRC errors in a WLAN. In cases where CRC errors seem to be excessive, what has been root-cause in these cases, or ways that the CRC errors were reduced?

• By (Deleted User)

Hii Sprittman ..

I think this is too late for ur post to g et reply.

I joined this some months back, so mightnot this ans now but someone like me still be waiting for the answer, so acc to me ..

CRC errors cab be caused by :
    1. Interference that can be co channel or from some other source.
    2. Too much of power from an Ap will result in co channel intefrence, so if u r transmiting something on a chennel and try to capture frames on some nearby channel u might get a lot of CRC corrupted frames.
    3. Multipath can also result in CRC errors.
    4. If u r using a protocol analyzer which can not decode frames with particular encryption used , in that case also u will almost all CRC errored frames.

so in general we can say that CRC results from Intefrence or may be misunderstood by the analyzer.

again u can deal with the situation in 2 ways , either removing the interfrence source or making changes in ur network in such a way that it is least effected by interfrence i.e by setting proper fragmentation threshhold etc..

I think this will help...

Page 1 of 1